Protecting your Products, Inventions, Ideas, and Brands using Legal Tools at the Ready
We charge for our service to you and expenses incurred in your case. We generally bill at an hourly rate with flat fees quoted for select projects. Expenses include draftsman charges for drawing an invention or a logo, filing and other fees at the Patent & Trademark Office or the Copyright Office, or search agent costs, among other things. For other legal matters, we will discuss and explain fees and costs to you.
Factors of legal fees:
- The time and labor required, the novelty and difficulty of the questions involved, and the skill requisite to perform the legal service properly.
- The likelihood, if apparent to the client, that the acceptance of the particular employment will preclude other employment by the lawyer.
- The fee customarily charged in the St. Louis area for similar legal services
- The amount involved and the results obtained.
- The time limitations imposed by the client or by the circumstances.
- The nature and length of the professional relationship with the client.
- The experience, reputation, and ability of the lawyer performing the services.
- Whether the fee is fixed or contingent.
Generally, we send you a bill when work is performed, including receipts for expenses. For example, in patent applications, much work occurs at the beginning and a bill is sent upon filing a patent application. Then the patent application will go quiet for over a year when no bill is sent. Copyright applications generally have a quoted flat fee. Where a legal representation has more frequent activity, such as litigation, bills are sent more often.
As a convenience for our clients, we accept checks, major credit cards, cash, wire transfers, Western Union®, ACH, Paypal®. Foreign patent applications have a deposit.